History of the club
Cricket in Heidelberg started in the 1930's when it was also played at the current cricket grounds. At that stage a clay (turf) pitch was already in use and according to legend it was one of only 3 turf pitches in Gauteng. This is still being researched to establish the validity thereof. Cricket continued until the Second World War when for obvious reasons the club ceased to exist.
In the 1950's the club was opened again and continued until 1994.
During October 1999 Bernard Raubenheimer decided that it was time for the club to arise from the ashes to its former glory. He started it as a Junior Cricket Club to afford all the children from the area the opportunity to learn more about the game of cricket while at the same time also develop their skills. With his passion for this great sport; the ability to work with children and the help from the other coaches the club was back on track again.
The Senior section of the club followed in 2002 with 1 team that played in the Gauteng Cricket Board Sunday league. The following year the club entered 4 senior teams with 2 teams playing in the Sunday league and 2 teams playing in the Saturday league. Soon they were going from strength to strength and won a few leagues on the way.
Currently the club has a good membership and further developments regarding the facilities are being discussed.